Saturday, August 23, 2008

Louder than words

"When it comes to men that are romantically interested in you, it’s really simple. Just ignore everything they say and only pay attention to what they do. It’s that simple. It’s that easy."

I heard this quote today while listening to The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. It couldn't have come at a better time in my life, because despite my best efforts, I've been feeling resentful and perplexed by my many romantic failings. All of which can be found here, except for one that has yet to be written.

I think the worst part of all in having these feelings over the past few months is that they were keeping me from loving myself by creating doubts of what I am worth a what I deserve.

Then I heard these four sentences today, and all of those bitter and jaded feelings melted away. I realized that I hadn't been duped in love, or even really in the presence of it.

It's sounds so silly, but being reminded of the undeniable truth that actions speak louder than words has made me realize how incredibly lucky I am. This is because I still have the opportunity to meet a man who is not only deserving, but who is able to accept all I have to offer.

It's that simple. It's that easy.

No comments: