Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My alive day - Sept. 11, 2001

I am six years alive today, and there is much to celebrate.

Personally
  1. Two of my best friends are celebrating their first full day at home with their new baby boy who was born on Labor Day (funny enough.) They survived a very difficult delivery that came very close to taking the life of the mother this weekend.

  2. My mom is cancer-free and recuperating at home from a painful but successful surgery yesterday - and hopefully her surgery tomorrow will be equally as successful.

  3. I have established a great group of friends and a very active social life in a city I adore (although my heart will always be with New York.)
Professionally
  1. I have a job that I love for the first time in my life, which is opening many doors for me to continue moving forward.

  2. I am making enough money to not only exist, but also to live.

  3. I still get to wear blue jeans at work every now and then.
Politically
  1. The Bush Administration is floundering like it should have years ago.

  2. It seems that for the first time in my life I will be able to vote FOR a presidential candidate rather than AGAINST one.

  3. The truth behind invading Iraq and all the Wag-The-Dog trickery the Bush Administration has pulled is finally being scrutinized - forcing all his cronies to resign.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Hey Abby was born on labor day too!!

Glad you are enjoying Seattle!